The role of a Warehouse Operative is to work efficiently and effectively, as part of a team to achieve targets set by the Company.
You will need to be flexible and adaptable as you may be responsible for stock processing, including sorting, grading, scanning, picking and packing customer orders, working to weekly targets whilst maintaining a high standard of work.
- Sorting – responsible for the efficient and accurate processing of incoming stock.
- Scanning – using scanners and desktop PC’s to add processed stock to our inventory.
- Picking – accurately picking customer orders.
- Packing – ensure orders are correctly packaged and dispatched on time.
- Stock rotation – use pick lists to remove old/unwanted stock from the shelves.
- Distribute freshly processed stock to the correct locations throughout the warehouse.
- Health & Safety – maintain a high standard of housekeeping in each area of work.
- Make positive contributions to all company policies, rules and procedures including H&S. Ensure you have and wear correct PPE issued.
- Good level of written and spoken English.
- Able to work alone and unsupervised.
- Comfortable to work at heights.
- Able to lift 25kg.
If you feel you have the skills and are interested in joining our friendly team at Goldstone Books then please send an up to date CV and covering letter explaining why you would be suitable for a position to email@example.com and we will be in touch.